The Account Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and processing of patient billing, patient trust accounts, file management, and collection of patient bills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and process inpatient/outpatient charges, posting, billing and collection operation, ensuring all policies and procedures are complied with.
- Screen and review applicants to determine patient billing coverage and whether patient benefits are exhausted.
- Ensure that accurate and timely billing is done by staff members and establish controls to ensure appropriate submission, billing, and payment cycles.
- Assist with billing for Medicare, Medicaid, Private Medical Insurance, and HMO’s.
- Monitor billing and collections, assuring that proper accounting procedures are in place and records are maintained in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Keep current on reimbursement billing procedures of third party and private insurance payers.
What you will need to be part of our EPIC team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of related experience, including previous billing and collections experience.
- Strong computer skills; experience with electronic billing systems and medical records preferred.
- Good organizational skills, must be detail-oriented, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of insurance guidelines, medical terminology, and HIPAA compliance guidelines.