The Assistant Dietary Manager assists the Executive Chef in the overall operation of the culinary department in accordance with current state, federal, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. This position is responsible for ensuring that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the dietitian to provide quality nutritional services.
- Ensure that appropriate levels of food supplies are available.
- Order supplies in a cost-effective and cost-efficient manner, as needed.
- Ensure equipment is maintained appropriately and, in conjunction with the Administrator, order replacement equipment, as necessary.
- Assist with the development of staff schedules, review time and attendance sheets for accuracy, and approve timecards.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce written policies and procedures for the department.
- Ensure that the department complies with all state survey standards.
- Assist with the supervision of staff, including hiring, counseling, conducting performance evaluations, and training.
- Regularly communicate with staff to keep them informed of department and facility activities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related experience in a food service department; experience in a long term or health care facility preferred.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Good communication skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, visitors, and all facility personnel.
- Good computer skills.