The Scheduler is responsible for ensuring adequate nursing staffing across all shifts based on budget and census information in order to meet the needs of the residents.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a nursing or related field a plus.
- 3+ years of related experience in a long term care, health care, or similar working environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, visitors, and all facility personnel.
- Develop, manage, and post daily and biweekly staffing schedules.
- Consult with nursing department staff and supervisors concerning the staffing scheduling needs to ensure appropriate staffing levels on all shifts and monitor overtime.
- Manage the call-in process and fill open shifts, as needed.
- Maintain complete electronic staffing schedules, and run analytical and ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Collaborate with the Administrator and Human Resources on staffing levels, open positions, and staffing ratios related to resident census requirements.