The Director of Recreational Therapy is responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation of the center’s Recreational Therapy Programs. This position is responsible for ensuring that regular programs are available that meet the comprehensive needs and interest of all residents.
Director of Recreational Therapy Requirements:
- Must be a state or nationally licensed, certified, or registered Life Enrichment Professional or Therapeutic Recreational Therapist; or eligible for certification as a Life Enrichment Professional or as a Therapeutic Recreational Specialist by a recognized accrediting body; or possess 2+ years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, including at least one year of full-time experience in a resident activities program in a health care setting; or be a qualified Occupational Therapist or Occupational Therapist Assistant; or have successfully completed a Training Course approved by the State.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, visitors, and all facility personnel.
- Must be creative and innovative.
Director of Recreational Therapy Description:
- Develop, schedule, and coordinate leisure life enrichment programs to meet a variety of interests, and the physical, cognitive, and psycho-social needs of all residents.
- Complete a comprehensive evaluation on each resident according to his/her background, past and present leisure interests, abilities, physical and mental limitations, and life enrichment related needs.
- Accurately document the individual life enrichment assessment and plan using the appropriate assessment method.
- Participate and assist in the completion of the comprehensive inter-disciplinary assessment and plan of care, and in the ongoing care plan review process.