The Infection Control Nurse specializes in identifying, controlling, and preventing outbreaks of infection.
Infection Control Nurse Requirements:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, or higher.
- License to practice as a Nurse (RN) in the State of Michigan; current CPR certification.
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute or extended care facility.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions in English, and proven ability to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, visitors and all facility personnel.
Infection Control Nurse Description:
- Plan, implement and evaluate infection prevention and control measures.
- Develop and revise infection control policies and procedures.
- Investigate suspected outbreaks of infection.
- Provide consultation on infection risk assessment, prevention, and control strategies.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the area of extended care facility patient care techniques; follow federal and state skilled nursing facility regulations.