The Scheduler is responsible for ensuring adequate nursing staffing across all shifts based on budget and census information in order to meet the needs of the residents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage, and post daily and biweekly staffing schedules.
- Consult with nursing department staff and supervisors concerning the staffing scheduling needs to ensure appropriate staffing levels on all shifts and monitor overtime.
- Manage the call-in process and fill open shifts, as needed.
- Maintain complete electronic staffing schedules, and run analytical and ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Collaborate with the Administrator and Human Resources on staffing levels, open positions, and staffing ratios related to resident census requirements.
- Answer employee questions regarding scheduling.
- Maintain and monitor daily tardy and absenteeism records.
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive employee and facility information.
- Report known or suspected incidents of fraud and/or inappropriate punches to supervisor.
- Follow federal and state skilled nursing facilities regulations and department policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a nursing or related field a plus.
- 3+ years of related experience in a long term care, health care, or similar working environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, physicians, visitors, and all facility personnel.
- Strong computer skills; database experience, as well as with HRIS and payroll systems, preferred.
- Critical thinking and sound decision making skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-up skills.