The Human Resources Manager works collaboratively with facility leaders and managers to provide innovative HR solutions and approaches. The HR Manager identifies and responds to the needs of employees and managers and is the single point of contact for HR Services. The HR Manager is responsible for ensuring optimal delivery of HR Services to include recruitment, employee relations, workplace investigations, policy interpretation, performance management, benefits administration, payroll processing, workers compensation, report writing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the full life cycle recruiting process, including sourcing candidates, reviewing resumes, coordinating interviews, completing reference checks, and making job offers.
- Complete the pre-employment background screening process on all new hires.
- Work closely with staff development to coordinate the new hire orientation program, and deliver the HR portion of orientation sessions.
- Collaborate with Management and the Scheduler to diagnose staffing needs and assist with staffing plans and strategies, including analysis of turnover, overtime, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Administer and track the performance evaluation program and ensure timely completion of evaluations.
- Respond to employee relations issues, including conducting timely, objective investigations on disciplinary actions, ensuring proper documentation is complete and appropriate, and legal outcomes are achieved.
- Collaborate with facility leaders to develop and implement employee recognition programs and initiatives.
- Ensure that HR policies and practices are applied consistently and appropriately throughout the facility.
- Ensure that the facility is compliant with all federal and state laws and regulations, including the posting of up-to-date labor law posters, maintaining OSHA logs, and the filing of EEO-1 reports, as applicable.
- Manage FMLA and other leaves of absence.
- Process benefit enrollments and changes, manage the annual open enrollment process, ensure timely completion of COBRA paperwork, and serve as the liaison to answer employee benefit questions and resolve benefit-related issues.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations for continuous improvement based on feedback gathered.
- Maintain incident reports, and manage and authorize worker’s compensation claims.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Complete monthly reporting, as requested.
- Accurately process bi-weekly payroll in accordance with established procedures; supervise the Payroll Specialist, if applicable.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
What you will need to be a part of our EPIC team:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field with at least 3-5 years of human resources experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; PHR certification preferred.
- Experience should include a generalist background encompassing recruiting, payroll, employee relations, and benefits administration; working in a health care environment highly desirable.
- Must possess a strong customer service focus, and have outstanding interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple areas of responsibility.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and effectively interact with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex or difficult issues.
- Ability to analyze and assess situations, problem solve, and make sound recommendations.
- Computer proficiency required, including hands-on experience with HRIS and payroll systems.